KIMBERLEY CLUB,
KIMBERLEY.
November 15th 1897
My dear Raymond & JoeIt is late on Monday night & as I have left my English letters to the last moment again, I must put you off with this shabby little note. Your splendid letters of Oct 20th came on Saturday.
I am glad you stick to your Wednesday writing Raymond. Your letter is very good & you have improved in writing. Always try & write your best - don't try & write fast. You must first aquire a good style of handwriting before you try to write fast.
I am glad you licked those Isle of Wight chaps at foot ball. I hope Parker is a good boy - drop him, like a hot potato, if you find him a bad boy. Don't be led away by any one. Try rather to influence other boys for good. I am glad you are trying to do this. It is a good thing you are sometimes too busy to smoke. Don't neglect Joe. He ought to be your greatest friend. Remember there are only two of you. Take care of him & keep him from harm. Don't let him get into bad company. I am very glad you like your work, & take an interest in it. I will give your message to MacGregor. Keep up your reputation and strive not only to be one of the strongest, but the best boy in the school.
Joe, my boy, try and always be good friends with Raymond. When he gives you good advice - follow it. Try and be together as much as possible, and always be good chums.
I have not been bicycling lately. I am afraid I overdid it somewhat at first.
I have quite got over my ailments & my "Tummy" is quite well again - the cold, too, has gone. I don't play golf because I have not sufficient time.
I am living in my own house, all by myself. The Tom Cat is the only company I have.
What is the story about the Golf player & the parson?
Gypsy is quite well, but is getting bald - headed about the rump! I haven't seen scamp lately Raymond. But I have no doubt he is all right; Annette takes great care of him.
I bought two papers to post by this mail, but stupidly I have left them at home. They are interesting & I will send them next mail. I haven't forgotten your three Komer stamp Joe, & the photographs, I will send them along one of these fine days.
I hope you both go regularly to your duties, & say your prayers night & morning. God bless you my dear boys, take great care of yourselves during the winter. Kind regards to Sir Edmund & Mr Milne.
Your loving father Frank Mandy
No comments:
Post a Comment