Kimberley Club,
Kimberley.
June 13th, 1898
My Dear Raymond & JoeI am downright ashamed to have to write you this poky little makeshift of a letter, between you. But it is getting rather too common. Once in a way I could expect you to excuse it; but mail after mail, and the same hasty scratch - it is too bad. However such as it is - it must do - it will have to do. The night is advanced, & it will soon be Tuesday morning.
I received your letters of May 20th last Thursday. Enclosed in Joe's letter, were two photographs. One of you Raymond in boating costume - you might as well call it bathing costume - whilst you are about it. Quowk! but you do look a scorcher - "And the muscles of his brawny arms" te te"
Yes Joe, I think 3 for a dozen cheap for them. I hope that shot in the eye you got
I'm afraid I'll have to give up your riddle about "Why has a Governor the most power over animals". There must be something about a "ruler" in it; isn't there? Tell me the answer in your next.
How do you know Bismarck will die next, oh wise foreteller of events, and tell me your reasons for thinking. Crispi the greatest of living statesmen. I agree with you. Gladstone ought to have been well satisfied with the time he lived. He died at a very green old age and lived a most complete life.
So Raymond - you couldn't eat and enjoy your crab tea. I don't think crabs great delicacies myself. They are tasteless and unsatisfying and not very wholesome. You must tell me all about your egg collection and how you have arranged it. I am glad you are reading about birds. The more you learn about them, the more interest you will take in collecting, and the more you will benefit by the pastime. God bless you my deat boys. Kind regards to Sir Edmund & Mr. Milne.
Your loving father
Frank Mandy
No comments:
Post a Comment